Sunday, February 7, 2016

BWColor

For this assignment, I started with a picture of me that was between 800 and 1000 pixels on the larger side (in this case, the height).  This picture was 720 x 960 pixels.  A little background info: This picture was taken on my last day of work at Campbell's Dairyland.  There is a tradition there that on an employee's last day, they get smacked with whipped cream in the face at the end of their shift.  Knowing that I was aware of this, I ended up getting it not even an hour into my eight hour shift, because everyone wanted to catch me off guard...and it worked.  I had the pleasure of working all day covered in whipped cream, sprinkles, and ice cream.  It actually ended up getting in my left eye, and I was crying the rest of my shift simply because there was whipped cream in my eye that just wouldn't go away.  They truly caught me off guard, and, best of all (that was totally sarcastic), they did it in front of a ton of customers.  Let's just say it was a long shift after that...
As seen here, I first converted the picture into black and white, simply because that's what I had to do for the assignment, so nothing too exciting happened during this step.

And then the fun happened.  It was so incredibly cool to see myself transform into something else as I completed this assignment.  The whipped cream gave me some trouble, just because it's in a weird "shape", but I think it ultimately turned out pretty good.  Overall, this was a fun assignment and I think the end result is pretty great.  I call this a success.



No comments:

Post a Comment