Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Autoscopy

For our autoscopy project, we had to create an image representing a part of ourselves that we feel most connected to.  For me, I chose to focus on my art.  I have always loved drawing, taking pictures, crafting, and basically any other form of art that you can think of.  Every little kid draws and colors pictures, it just so happens that I never stopped.

Art has a funny way of making me happy and stressing me out at the same time, which is what I am trying to show in this image.  To create this project, I took two pictures of myself and placed them side by side.  In the picture on the left I am pulling on my hair and making a face of confusion and frustration.  In the picture on the right I am screaming.  I thought these two images perfectly portray how I feel when I have been working on a piece for a long time and want nothing more than to be done with it.  I also decided to add a bit of noise to these images, because, again, frustration. 

The rest of this picture is composed of drawings that I have done.  The background is a picture of The University of Tampa's Bailey Art Studio that I spent at least 40 hours of my life drawing, and the three sunflowers are another drawing that I had to do for my beginning drawing class.

Finally, I added my signature to the picture, because while art frustrates me and drives me crazy 99% of the time, at the end of the day, that last 1% is pure happiness; happiness from being done with whatever I've been working on, and happiness with the results.  

So, there you have it.  That's me: A struggling artist who loves and hates what she does at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Love this. How can others find you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I know of at the moment is to search for my URL :)

    ReplyDelete