Sunday, October 2, 2016

Angel de Quinta’s STAGE DOOR Blog

You know what's hard?  Reading a blog that is written entirely in Spanish, when you speak no Spanish.  Yes, I took the required two years in high school, but let's not pretend that I remember any of that.
So right off the bat, when attempting to complete this assignment, there were some obvious challenges.  
Google Translate to the rescue..?  Not so much...
For those of you who don't know, Google Translate is pretty terrible, as there are conjugations (I think this is the correct word) and such, and the translator doesn't recognize that.  Spanish words are also gendered, which apparently makes a difference.  When I went and copy and pasted one of the blog posts into Google Translate, I read the first sentence and the thought that came to my mind was "What the f*** is this saying?  This makes no sense."
But I struggled through it.
I chose to simply read the most recent post on Angel de Quinta's Stage Door Blog, which is titled "Fifty Percent"
From what I got out of the poorly translated version of the post, the main point was how much a person gets when they only give fifty percent, which, if you ask me, isn't much.  The post goes on to describe a Broadway Play and the characters and plot, in which a woman decides she would rather have fifty percent of her love than nothing at all (I'm not really sure why she would only get fifty percent of him, but maybe if I invested more time into the translation or looked up a synopsis of the play, I would have a better understanding).
If you would like to struggle through the blog (assuming you are a non-Spanish speaker like me), click the link above in this post, or click here.

Also, because I always end posts with a video or image, and don't have one that pertains to this post, here is a picture of a doodle that I made over the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment