Monday, September 26, 2016

L'elisir d'amore (An Elixir of Love)

For this assignment, I had to watch an opera written before 1920 and write a three page paper.  The paper had to answer the following:

What did you discover watching this opera?

How do you think audiences reacted to it when it was originally presented?

Why do you think this piece is important in the chronology of opera?

How is technology used in it?

If you were a twenty-first century director, how would you turn this piece into a video game?

If I'm being honest, the two hours I spent watching this opera were probably two of the most boring hours of my life.  The entire performance was in Italian, so I had no clue what the characters were saying, and I had to basically guess what was going on.  After I finished watching the opera, I went to Google and used this site to get a summary of the opera and are sure I understood it.  
The video I watched is at the end of this post.  If you're interested, you can watch it.  If you ask my honest opinion, I wouldn't waste my time watching it.  I just felt I should attach it so you knew which specific performance my paper is based off of.

To read my paper, click here, or follow the link:



No comments:

Post a Comment