Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Art Vs Design

After reading Art Vs Design, I am in agreement with the fact that if an artist creates a piece that is a replica of past artists, they are simply a designer.  Art should be individual and unique.  If I am an artist, I want to convey my message in a way that is unique to me.
However, I also feel that it is okay to take some influence from past artists.  For example, in my final project for my ART204 class last semester, my entire project was inspired by Andy Warhol (although, the project was to mimic another artists).  If that were not the project, though, I feel that there is nothing wrong with me creating a piece that hints at inspiration from Andy Warhol, so long as I am not completely copying his style, as I did in this project.
In my opinion, artists are designers, and designers are artists, and there is a blurry line that separates the two.  If you would like to check out the article for yourself, the link is in the beginning of this post, or you can simply click here.
And, as I have discussed it in this post, I leave you with a picture of my final ART204 project, because it would be a shame to mention it and not show it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment