Friday, May 27, 2016

The Sunflower Project Part 1

The other day, I went to Harvestmoon Farm for their first annual sunflower maze, which is basically a corn maze, but instead of corn, it is made of sunflowers!  This was super fun and super exciting for me, because I love sunflowers...probably an unhealthy amount.
So, me and Zach were at this sunflower maze, and, unfortunately, we got lost.  Yes, I know, a 19 and 21 year old couldn't find their way out of a maze that is supposed to take between 15 and 30 minutes for kids to complete...I think it took us between 45 minutes and an hour...it's sad. I know.
Anyways, I love sunflowers, as stated above, an unhealthy amount, so I have decided to do "The Sunflower Project"
Let me explain: I took a picture of the perfect sunflower, which is where I am going to start this project.  I love this picture.  I love it so much.  So, taking my love of this picture and my love of these flowers, I plan on making a series of images using sunflowers.
I came up with the idea to do a 'series' because of something my ART 204 professor said last semester.  "If you're going to create art, create it in a series.  Give yourself some variety and options to create your best work, because your first idea is not always your best."
So that is what I plan on doing.  Over the course of time (I'm not sure how long I will spend on this one project), I plan on creating many different pieces revolving around sunflowers. 
I hope you all enjoy this project and bear with me while I figure out what I'm doing, and enjoy this picture of the perfect sunflower!


No comments:

Post a Comment