Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Semester in Review

As this semester is coming to a close, I have had time to reflect on my time in Santi's class.
In the beginning of the semester, I had only dabbled with Photoshop on my own, and didn't know how to use the other Adobe programs at all (InDesign, DreamWeaver, and Illustrator).
After completing this course, I am able to use these programs and effectively.
Throughout this class, I have learned how to enhance and manipulate images in Photoshop, create HTML Codes in Dreamweaver, landscapes and designs in Illustrator, and portfolios in InDesign.
This course has taught me many skills that I will use in my time at UT as an Advertising Major, as well as in life.
My biggest success in this class would have to be my Gradient Mesh Project.  This was the project where I used the Mesh Tool in Illustrator to recreate my ukulele.  While the project was a pain in the ass because of the complicated designs and multiple layers, it was well worth the struggle in the end because it turned out amazing.
My biggest failure, in my opinion, is my Art Project.  This was the project where I replaced the face of the woman on the National Geographic cover with my own face.  While this project was an overall success in my opinion, there was something weird happening on the nose.  If you go back and look at the project, there is a weird line running down my nose where the images didn't quite blend together correctly.  I went back a couple times and tried to fix this, but every time it ended up being worse than the first attempt, so I decided to stick with my first try.
This class was an incredible experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, and each project was well-worth the time, effort, sweat, and tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment