Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Rain or Shine

Although my semester is over, I want to continue this blog, because it's a great place to keep and share all of my work, and I really enjoy it.  Although not many people look at this, I like having a place where I can share all the work that I do, and if anyone happens to come across this page, I hope they enjoy it, too.
Anyways, tonight I am going to my little brother's high school band banquet.  I was in band for all four years of my high school career, and during my senior year had the privilege of putting together a photo story showing what happens behind the scenes to prepare for performances.  My favorite picture ended up being one that I took on my phone, and then went and edited in Photoshop.
I ended up printing and framing this picture and giving it to my band director as a gift to say thank you for four unforgettable years, and whenever I go back to visit always find myself admiring it hanging in his office.
I titled this picture "Rain or Shine" due to the fact that the picture shows a storm that is approaching from the right.  I don't think it was even five minutes after this picture was taken that the storm had reached us and we were all rushing to get inside.
This is the first picture I ever took that made me think that I could actually do something like this and be good at it, and so I love this picture with all my heart. Quite honestly, I probably have an unhealthy amount of love for this picture, but I don't see a problem with that.  This picture is what got me started.
I hope you all love this picture as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment