Friday, November 25, 2016

We Got The Beat

For this assignment, we had to research different music movements and add another artist to said movement.  We were supposed to do this with five different movements, and obviously explain why we chose to add the new artists in.  Hopefully some of the artists I choose are new to you guys, and also you like them, because I think they're pretty awesome!  Some of them obviously most people have heard of if you've ever listened to today's hits, but hopefully you find at least one new band on this list!

The Movement - Punk
The band I chose to add to the punk music movement is Neck Deep.  They are, quite literally, a generic pop punk band.  They sell tee shirts that say as much, and their music holds true to that.  I actually saw them in concert in St. Pete at the beginning of October, and they were awesome!  They're super fun to watch, and they just have fun on stage doing what they love.  

Here's an interview from them!  To watch one of their music videos, click here

The Movement - Hardcore
The band I am choosing for the hardcore movement is A Day To Remember.  To be quite honest, I don't like a lot of their hard core music, but I am a fan of their softer songs, like Have Faith In Me or You Had Me At Hello.  A lot of their songs, though, are very much hard core.  I also saw them in concert over the Summer, and they were really cool to watch! 

Here's a video on how they got their band name.  To see a music video, click here

The Movement - Post Modern Crisis
For the post modern crisis movement, I chose to include the band Ember Island.  On our class website, this movement is associated with cover culture.  I chose to include this band because of their cover of the song Creep, originally by Radiohead.  This cover is amazing, and beautifully done.

Yay this video actually loaded on here!  However, if you're having trouble opening it, click here 

The Movement - Electronic Producer/DJ Culture
I chose The Chainsmokers for this movement.  They're pretty popular today, and I can't help but admit that I love the song Closer that recently reached the top of the charts.  Their songs are all  super catchy because they produce simply beats and catchy lyrics.  

If this video isn't loading, click here

The Movement - Girl Power
I am adding artist Rachel Platten to the girl power movement, specifically for her song Fight Song.  The song itself is very empowering, and I'm not gonna lie, it got me through some rough days at work a few years ago when it first came out.

If you're having trouble opening the video, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment